Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Here's Shere Khan

Okay, somehow I'd managed to basically completely miss that a new Jungle Book movie was coming out. Which is funny, because I always did enjoy the old Disney movie, and also enjoyed a fair bit of Kipling's work.

And after some preliminary investigation, I have two things to say specifically about Shere Khan in the new movie:



1. Casting Idris Elba as a tiger is a pretty great idea. (Granted, casting Idris Elba in most roles is at least a good idea, but still...)

2. I actually really like that they gave him a blind eye, because the original Shere Khan had a crippled leg and had actually been nicknamed "the Lame One" by his mother (ouch); obviously, there's a big difference there, but I think it's a nice nod to the original source material.

-Signing off.

No comments: