Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Hope You Weren't Fishing For Compliments From the Submarine

One of the rather quirky things about Arpeggio of Blue Steel is that most of the character development is given to the ship girls rather than the human characters. Even the captain of I-401, ostensibly the protagonist, doesn't get a whole lot of character development comparatively.

And honestly, it's pretty generic character development he does get. (I've read that there's a lot of differences from the manga, to the point where manga fans are upset by the anime, but... eh.)

Take this scene:


I've slightly altered the context-I left out the part where context made it clear that this conversation was about his attempt to change the world-but it's pretty amusing nonetheless.

-Signing off.

No comments: