Monday, March 9, 2015

I Don't Even Know

Amazing excerpt from this page about The World of Synnibarr, one of the more bizarre tabletop RPGs ever published:

My physical appearance is “Average”; the table ranges from “Extra Good Looking” to “Give It Up And Wear A Mask”. I am not making this up.

From what I've seen elsewhere, the game has the best/worst randomized character creation tables ever compiled. (Yes, of course it's both of those things at once.)

Another comment I've seen about Synnibarr is that an entry describing a shark-based monster starts with "Like all sharks, [this monster] is a shapeshifter..." (Emphasis mine.)

...Apparently this is getting a third edition, like, any minute now, which is notable because the previous edition came out over twenty years ago.

From what I can tell, the game is so complex it's hard to play, but people keep the book around because it's entertaining to flip through.

-Signing off.

No comments: