Friday, June 7, 2013

Star Driver Fights: Short But Sweet

I've been watching (and now re-watching) the anime Star Driver (free on Hulu). I haven't really been able to gather my thoughts on it properly for the sake of doing a proper blog post on it, but I'll probably get around to it. (Most common buzzword in its fandom: Fabulous. Or rather, Faaaabulous.)

I will say that I think it's pretty good, and that it's almost worth watching just because of the crazy-nice animation and weird environments in its fights.

It's also interesting to watch the fights because the protagonist is kind of unusual.



He's unusual because he's a seemingly carefree and rather ditzy dude, but under that exterior, he's actually quite smart, because he avoids revealing anything about his own fighting skills that he doesn't need to.

Of course, that makes a lot of his fights look like he's pulling things out of nowhere, but in the context of this show, it works.

-Signing off.

No comments: