Monday, July 16, 2012

There's A City I Wouldn't Live In

I don't know how interested I am in the upcoming Robocop film (the original was pretty great for the most part, and remakes are always something you can only judge on an individual basis), but this trailer/viral thing is pretty sweet.



I'd actually kind of appreciate a Robocop film that took the basic story and made something that was only a harsh PG instead of an R without losing the parts of the story that made it great. And yeah, I'm well aware that for most people the appeal has a lot to do with its violence and mature themes, but I really think there are a lot of stories that are told with such elements that could be told as well or better without them. That there have been two Robocop cartoons (one that I'm pretty sure was a direct sequel to the movie, and another which... I can't say I know that one's deal, but it existed, and I know it had good animation, anyway) says at least that the character works in lighter, softer frameworks than the film.

-Signing off.

No comments: