Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Random Korean Tokusatsu

This guy is hilarious.



I think the funniest part of all this is that the villains remind me a bit, in terms of tone, of the villains from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. (That, and the fact that a bit later on, all of them suddenly realize they can shoot lightning and lasers and whatnot at each other, when they'd all been running around in madcap antics without them for presumably hours beforehand.)

This video is a trailer for a series that may or may not ever come out. If it did come out, I'm inclined to say that it would be pretty great, because I like this trailer a lot.



This is very efficient storytelling here, and also the chick in armor is incredibly sexy.* (I'd go into it more deeply, but I'm pretty much out of time here. That's my reaction in a nutshell.)

*I can't quite put my finger on it or describe it, but it's got something to do with the fact that she's using masculine mannerisms, but it's somehow emphasizing how feminine she is. Also, the fact that she just straight up punches the bad guy when the guys are using swords makes her that much cooler.

-Signing off.

No comments: