Friday, June 17, 2011

Coulda Made This A Theme Week

Specifically, a Japanese anime super robot/mecha series week. Except I did something totally unrelated on Wednesday. (shrugs)

In this scene from the anime OVA (straight-to-video series/movie, which has completely different implications in Japan than in English-speaking countries) Gunbuster, the titular mecha supposedly racks up 250,000,000 kills. (Yes, 250 million. In that one scene. Which is less than four minutes of screentime.)



Don't worry, they're all just monsters. Space monsters.

(And if you're wondering why I'm talking about it, Gunbuster was one of the first works of Gainax, which made Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which I talked about yesterday. I've never watched Gunbuster and have no particular plans to do so, but I can appreciate it as being an ancestor of Gurren Lagann.)

-Signing off.

No comments: