Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It May Actually Be Dumber Than Those Yo-Yos

(If anyone saw this as an untitled post with no text, I was just double-checking to see if the embed worked, seeing as how sometimes I get YouTube regional blocking when I embed this kind of thing.)

I've remarked in the past that the super robot Combattler V has a pretty ridiculous weapon.



Not completely ridiculous, as they're also buzzsaw yo-yos as well as yo-yos on the end of magic forcefields/lightning bolts instead of strings, but still ridiculous.

Now, what I'm showing you doesn't technically qualify as a bizarre anime weapon, but it is a bizarre thing to make an anime about.



Grander Musashi is an anime about bass fishing. The characters use legendary lures that take design cues from mecha anime. This is incredibly stupid and hilariously brilliant. There's even a "God Legender" (i.e. magic lure), which can catch any fish regardless of conditions and control other Legenders. Seriously.

I both want to watch this and never want to watch this.

-Signing off.

No comments: