Friday, November 20, 2009

Behold...

The terror of...

...Mr. Machine!

When my mom first bought this toy (my uncle [her brother] had one of them as a child, and it was apparently spurred by nostalgia), I thought little of it, beyond the fact that it reminded me of Roboto from He-Man, and I figured it was probably at least partly the inspiration for Roboto's design.

Little did I suspect...

Mr. Machine spends most of his time relatively precariously perched near a window in our kitchen/dining room. (It's only precarious because we have an incredibly stubborn old cat who might decide to shove him off, and an enormous younger cat who might knock him off by accident while in the general area. I have nicknamed the younger cat "Shizu-quake" [Shizu is her name] because of her tendency to knock stuff down.) I made little note of this, until one night, after the sun had gone down...

I was washing dishes in the kitchen. (Yes, really.) I was alone, because my sister, who usually hangs out with me while I'm doing the dishes, was on a little group expedition of some sort. And I glimpsed back, and... Well, I didn't quite jump, but I was pretty startled at the sight of a face in the window.

As it turns out, of course, it was just a reflection of Mr. Machine's face on the window, seeing as how the darkness outside had transformed the window into a mirror. However, the mirror's distortion had turned Mr. Machine's face from its slightly odd, not terribly pretty face into a horrible, monstrous visage.

I am totally not making this up.

-Signing off.

No comments: