Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Toy Commercial From Heck

Well, perhaps I'm being uncharitable. But don't these old Inhumanoids spots look awful? And I mean video quality, not just visuals.



Having owned the Magnakor toy, I can state for a fact that the thing in the commercial was a prototype or something. Mine was considerably more proportionate than that thing. (I still have 'im 'round somewhere, I just don't know where.) Also, that thing in the commercial has no articulation whatsoever that I can see; mine could (without the thin shell that formed his outer covering in front) move his arms, legs, and even his head-5 whole points of articulation. (Wow, those were the days, huh?)

But here's one thing I think should be made perfectly clear: No Magnakor toy ever had a magnetic gimmick. Some guy who talked about the show and the toys remarked that Magnakor had magnets in his halves for the sake of holding him together or something; I regret to shatter his illusions, but that's not the case. Magnakor was held together by simple friction-his cheap ol' shell didn't even have room for a magnet.

I wouldn't rant about it, except that that remark has stuck in my craw literally for years now, and I thought I'd put it out there on the Internet for hapless Inhumanoids researchers (ha!) to find.

Also, with regards to Magnakor's toy versus the appearance in the show, it's ironic to note that his component halves were Fire (check) and Ice (what?!), as opposed to the toy's Fire and blobby Rock.

While I'm babbling about Magnakor, I might as well mention-wouldn't it just stink to be him? His sole purpose in life is to stand there paralyzing Metlar. For crying out loud, get the boy an electromagnet or something.

-Signing off.

No comments: