Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mary Sith

Ironically, the character I'm calling that is a guy.

So I saw this trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic...



I thought it was pretty nifty, but there was one thing which, as a Star Wars nerd, bothered me.
That being the use of Force lightning by a guy who may or may not be a cyborg, and who is wearing heavy armor.

What, you might ask, is the problem with this? The fact that George Lucas stated the reason Darth Vader never uses Force lightning is specifically because the damage to his body prevents him from doing so (no squishy hands and all that to use as the focus, after all). By that standard, since this dude is only maybe a cyborg (certainly, his hand is real-looking enough, though that doesn't mean much), it only maybe is wrong. But in Knights of the Old Republic, another game (though a different one than the trailer is for), Force lightning can't be used by anyone wearing body armor.

Er, not that that is necessarily important to this totally different game... I just got a Mary Sue vibe off of that guy when I saw him dress like Darth Vader and fight like the Emperor, is all.

-Signing off.

No comments: