Thursday, August 6, 2009

Han Shot First

Or as some people like to say, "Han shot only."

Even Han says he'd rather shoot first, in the novel Han Solo at Star's End:

Rekkon interposed himself between Han and Chewbacca and the door. "Kindly put your weapons up, Captain. That is Torm, one of my group. Even if it weren't, would it not have been wiser to find out what was happening before preparing to shoot?"
Han made a sour face. "I happen to like shooting first, Rekkon. As opposed to shooting second."

Now, on the matter of changes made in the Special Edition versions, I'm pretty neutral on a lot of them. I thought the ESB changes were actually not bad (what's wrong with an actual decent-looking wampa, as opposed to a nearly invisible puppet?), and ROTJ's changes were almost all neutral. But, as plenty of people have pointed out, Greedo shooting first is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll probably make some further mention of the Han Solo adventures novels in the next couple of weeks. Of course, I find them slightly less entertaining than the Lando Calrissian adventures novels, which are much more inventive.

Been in a bit of a Star Wars mood lately.

-Signing off.

No comments: