Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tweet, Tweet.

Today I'm going to talk about (quickly checks against old articles for the same subject) Twitter.

When I first heard of Twitter, I was totally neutral on it, mostly because I only heard of it in the vaguest sort of way. When I heard about the length limit, I rolled my eyes, because it sounded kind of dumb.

Then I thought about it some more, and realized that Twitter is for the terminally attention span-deprived. And I thought to myself, "Not for me."

It doesn't even have anything to do with the fact that it's for the cell phone crazy people who carry around cell phones and are constantly using them (I hate cell phones on general principle). It's just because, unlike a lot of people, I have an attention span, and "tweeting" sounds like it'd be annoying.

That, and anything with "twit" encapsulated in its name can't be good for your intellect.

But the real thing that makes me truly and deeply hate Twitter (at the moment) is that it's somehow so insanely popular (read "well-sponsored" or "made friends in the right circles") that on the news, which is usually horribly annoying on a good day, they mention Twitter every fifteen seconds and talk about how useful, awesome, and cool it is to use Twitter for this inane thing or that inane thing. There was even something on the local news about using Twitter to lose weight.

It figures something evil would come of something named after bird talk.

-Signing off.

1 comment:

2MaK said...

"It figures something evil would come of something named after bird talk." Hah! I liked that quote so much I posted it on Twitter (just kidding!)