Thursday, May 21, 2009

Goodbye Primetime

Someone once said that tragedy makes for a more memorable and moving story than a happy ending.

Well, once again, Criminal Minds went too far. But this time, just about every show in that category had a horribly depressing finale which implied an additional character death in the last ten seconds. (CSI: Miami fell short of this, but only because it's still too goofy and confusing to make sense.)

So it's goodbye, evening television. I'll find my escapism somewhere else, thank you. (Eleventh Hour, if it has another season, is something I might consider watching again willingly, because its season finale, while ominous, was ultimately upbeat and feel good.

Speaking of which, I'll talk about such again tomorrow, but I've got too little energy again tonight.

-Signing off.

No comments: