Wednesday, August 13, 2008

'80s Anime Is Awesome

(Hey to my sister, who will be reading my blog remotely for the next week or so.)

The 1980s were a wonderful period for animation in Japan. So much good material came out of Japanese studios during this time period, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever find it all.

Case in point: Robot Carnival. Robot Carnival is apparently an anthology movie featuring a series of short pieces all centered on robots. This is one of them, and is described as the "humor short."

It is beautifully animated. Considering how ridiculously silly the story is, the animation almost makes it more absurd.





Signing off, to try and find other segments.

1 comment:

Golden Dragon Girl said...

Incedentally, there's a full report of the traveling part of my trip on the blog now. ;)

That mad scientist is CREEPY ugly, man. XD